hello! okay here are some of the happenings from this past week. its been a good one! in no particular order...
1. we went to the greenfields house for dinner. they have a newborn baby named beatrice and she is totally adorable and it was the hardest thing of life to not be able to hold her! sister greenfield served her mission in japan and so she taught us how to make and roll sushi. it was super fun and i feel more cultured now. it was funny though cause sister francis doesnt like sushi. and then we had ice cream for dessert and she hates that. haha so im being a good trainer and teaching her that she has to eat whatever the members put in front of her and finish her plate! shes really a really good sport about it. i have very little sympathy cause we're fed a quarter the amount of food here than what i got with the spanish/portuguese/creole peeps. except im still too nice to her and will put some of her food on my plate when the members arent looking and eat it for her.
2. im been telling sister francis all about pudim and we finally found a form to be able to make it in! from this brazilian lady in our ward :)
3. so we were driving down the road yesterday just talking and all of the sudden this dumb bird comes ouf of nowhere and ran into the hood of our car and died! and ive never hit anything while driving before and i felt so bad and just started crying and then sister francis started laughing at me and she was crying too from laughing so hard. it was so sad!
4. it was 7/11 day this week so on the way back from district meeting we went and got free slurpees! and we were happy to have them because then we got stuck in good old boston traffic for an hour.
5. we had a lesson with ashok this week. the Golds came and it was fantastic. we talked about prayer and then at asked him to pray at the end. he started it by saying "hey God" and then went into the prayer. it was great.
6. we went to barbs this week (i adore her) and she shows us her enormous collection of old jewelry! it was fun looking through all of us and she gave us each a ring to keep! also she got a calling in church which is monumental for her. shes the relief society service something. haha
7. we had a great lesson with andrea this week. we told her about tithing and fasting. and she was talking like she was going to start paying tithing. and then we saw her walking out of church on sunday carrying a huge pile of tithing slips! haha how randomly awesome is that! we got to see jon for the first time in like three weeks cause he's been working weekends too. he is as kind and wonderful as ever! we had a lesson in the church and told him about tithing too and helped him download the book of mormon on his phone so he can listen to it at work.
8. sandra howard, our sweet less active, totally disappeared for like a month and then showed up at church again this sunday! thank heavens! i almost fell over when i saw her, ran up and hugged her, and then she chastised me for now wearing good shoes with my ankle brace (shes a doctor). it was good to be with sandra again! we went to her house with the bishop that afternoon too.
9. on wednesday we went to mutual because brother gold invited us to come help out with his deacons. they got into companionships and put on badges and pretended to teach us as missionaries. it was super cute and they did such a good job!
10. peter moved into his new apartment this week! we had a lesson with him and he was telling us that after he moves in hes going to go camping for a week and do a blueberry fast to get rid of his addiction. we feel like thats a reallyyyyy bad idea and are sincerely worried that he's not going to come back. we talked to sister mcbride. the mission nurse, about it and she said he wouldnt die but that its still a bad idea and to try to convince him otherwise. so wish us luck with that.
11. we, as in i, lost the phone again this week. which always happens to me. i really shouldnt be trusted with is. anyways, when we finally found it we had a missed call from President Packard! which always is scary cause he usually calls to be like one of you is getting emergency transferred! so we finally got ahold of him and we could breathe easy again when he just had a few questions for me.
12. we got put in charge on locking up the church on sunday night and it took us literally and hour to figure out how to lock one of the doors and we called the entire ward until finally someone answered us.
13. alright the final and best story of the week! we were infested with fruit flies. we woke up one morning and our entire kitchen was swarmed with them and it was totally disgusting. so we rushed to the store and got this spray thing and fumigated our entire apartment. which meant that we couldnt be there for two hours while the smell went away. so we did our studies outside. and then we had do go back in and deep clean everything. like everything had to be scrubbed to get rid of the smell and the dead flies that had fallen everywhere. it was so nasty and terrible and it took pretty much the entire day.
14. oh one more thing! we had a mission wide fast this week for the 96 people being baptized this month! and president packard got knee surgery too and we're praying for his speedy recovery.
thats about all of our adventures from this week! President shared this scripture with us, he always says "lets wear out our lives in the service of the Lord, and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, for his arm to be revealed." I pray that I may wear out my life in the service of my God.
Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
I love you all and have a wonderful week!